haldoor: the road is long, with many a winding turn (misc-rainbow books)
[personal profile] haldoor
NZ has had civil unions for same-sex partners for some years now, but it is only today that full marriage rights have been extended to them. It's about time!

I am extremely proud to live in a country that believes in full and equal rights for people who love each other, no matter what their sexual orientation.

Congratulations to anyone marrying their life partner, today or any day in the future, under these new laws!

Date: 2013-08-18 11:04 pm (UTC)

Date: 2013-08-19 10:17 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] haldoor-honey.livejournal.com
My sentiments exactly! ;-)

Date: 2013-08-19 06:53 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] eponine119.livejournal.com
Excellent!

Date: 2013-08-19 10:17 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] haldoor-honey.livejournal.com
I thought so! ;-)

Date: 2013-08-19 10:42 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] msb66.livejournal.com
Excellent

Date: 2013-08-21 07:12 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] haldoor.livejournal.com
It is! ;-)

Date: 2013-08-19 12:03 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mcparrot.livejournal.com
Brilliant isn't it. :)

Date: 2013-08-21 07:53 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] haldoor.livejournal.com
It certainly is! ;-)

Date: 2013-08-21 05:56 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] diek09.livejournal.com
That's very good news to hear. I really hope people start opening their minds to other ways of love.

Here where I live, it was legal a couple years ago, too, but people stil refuse to accept the idea, so I'm glad to hear your country is a little bit more open-minded.

Date: 2013-08-22 06:59 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] haldoor.livejournal.com
I do think it's getting easier in many places, but it's so hard to get some people to ever accept that it's about LOVE not about what you do in bed! *hugs*

Profile

haldoor: the road is long, with many a winding turn (Default)
haldoor

January 2017

S M T W T F S
123 4567
891011121314
151617181920 21
22232425262728
293031    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 4th, 2026 03:07 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios